Wednesday 6 March 2013

NHK Soundcheck File: Of Taka and PINK SPIDERRRRR


*Note: Ta- Taka To-Toru Ry-Ryota Tom-Tomoya,
will translate the other half of the show when i get back from class~~ tootles~~
Ta: so the next one is mine, taka’s my first file, all the while everyone’s been introducing western music, but mine’s a Japanese song. Rather than a band I was influenced by it was the first CD I ever bought.
[everyone: whoa]
Ta: the very first time I bought a cd was from a CD vending machine in  rental video shop at hakone
[everyone laughs]
Ry: CD vending machine?
Ta: at that time, they sold CDs in vending machines.
Tom: ahh was there?..[ those kinds of stuff]
Ta: it was when I was in elementary school or around that time. I still remember until now.
At that time I actually bought two discs. One was Grey’s yugaku. Then the other was the song I will play, hyde’s pink spider. However, I pressed for ‘pink spider’ first..i don’t even know why..but maybe because It was in a chocolate package, the package was nice so I pressed it. So the first song I ever bought was this song called pink spider..
Well it(the song) even ended up in me starting with this band called ‘rise’ and we used to cover this song.  I actually felt a connection to that. It was the first song I bought and it was also a band which brought us to create a band ourselves. It  also became the reason for us making the band ‘rise’ and us covering the ‘pink spider’. It’s really a big connection in my thoughts and the song itself was quite shocking, so I chose this song.
Even on TV it (the performance) was very big. Even though it was a music program, behind hyde there was a naked lady painted in white climbing the walls. Now you can’t even think about (having a show like that)
Tom: it was ‘okay’ then ?
Ta: yeah it seemed to be ‘okay’ then. But during that time for me, at home I was like screaming “PINK SPIDER!!”. Blasting it at full volume, I used to get scolded by my dad.
To: your father  got a shock didn’t he
Ta: yeah he got a shock
To: the fact that his son was screaming ‘PINK SPIDER’
Ta: I think he  thought to himself that he raised the child wrongly, but it’s a song I really like. So lets hear this song right now. Its pink spider by Hyde.

No comments:

Post a Comment