Wednesday 13 March 2013

NHK Soundcheck part 8: Of playnig at fes, collaborations and concerts (part 2)


*Note: Credit to egsani for the clip and here’s the link for those who wants to hear it :D If you want to download it, just press ‘下戴

Taka: we were like “wow their cool!”
Ryota: somemore they were all from different places.
Toru: it felt like they were students from different schools,
Taka: its like they had issues with each other but then again they go very well together.  Their performance…they throw their guitar and stuff, spinning them around. That was very impactful right.
And then for me as a vocalist, abe mao-chan, I think he’s great. The person’s younger then me
Ryota: so it means the same age as me..
Taka: I guess?Or maybe younger? How many years was it?
Ryota: ohh so (the person’s) younger
Taka: younger then me but he has an atmosphere we can never figure out. The way he sings and stuff. Its like “he has the good stuff” kinda feels. Well we’ve been asked to do a lot of collaborations but the one that left the most impression was this part I think.
Well on the opposite, what about the concerts you went to watch and felt it was good are there any? Not the events/ collaboration we were called to. By asking this the question would change but..
Ryota: concerts that i went to watch…I have quite a lot…
Taka: well overall its always good right?
Tomoya: well if its for this year then definitely its muse.
Taka: ahh muse
Tomoya: muse’s performance was awesome.
Toru: if it was a small live then its 21 pilots
[everyone agrees ]
Tomoya: it was super good
Ryota: ahh very recently right?!
Toru: like at a livehouse, I recently got to see them and even for muse they performed at an arena so, being able to watch at such a distance was new. And the fact that only 2 people perform and create such a sound is…
Tomoya: it was awesome…
Toru: I was very into their performance and it was fun.
Taka: 21 pilots was a group I discovered when I was on holiday. I saw their video overseas in a glance and the video was quite impactful to me , I was like “whats this band?!” then I came back to japan  and check them out and told you guys about them. Then I said there was a live so lets go.
Then just recently, for work purpose,  I had a chance to do an interview with 21 pilots. After the interview I also went to eat with them. We talked and I heard different stories from them. They were very serious and the stage was really filled. They were quite cool!
Toru: yeah they were good.
Taka: that performance is something I wish more people would watch.  The live was very impressionable for me recently.
Toru: and somemore their the same age right?
Taka: yes their the same age as us.
Toru: what did you guys talk about?
Taka: things like how doing a live in japan, how they could reach out to the audience more, and their very into making music.
Toru: so you guys went to eat then, kept talking about such serious stuffs.
Taka: yeah…and also things like the difference between foreign and Japanese fans/stage. It was quite fun and I learned a lot. But on the other hand they looked very tired.
Toru: they do that kind of performance, of course they would be tired.
Taka: they kept saying how they want to go back to the hotel.
Toru: even the drums, it was all one shot , but Canada right,the drummer’s body..
Tomoya: yeah the drummer had a really good body. For a moment I want to go there (Canada I guess?)
Taka: ahh so that’s how it goes eh. Well please work harder.
Tomoya: I’m working quite hard already! Its in the making..
Taka: do more workout
Tomoya: im doing it..
 [everyone’s talking at the same time again and you can hear tomoya scream at the back..prob taka hitting tomoya again ><]
Taka: ahh your in good shape eh..its ‘Okay’. Well, im gonna play one song now so while its playing go do some work out. Just now, this group appeared in our conversation, a song from maximum the hormone. Who talked about maximum the hormone again?
Toru: ryota
Taka: then ryota! Please introduce the song!
Ryota: ahh ok then I’ll introduce the song. This is maximum the hormone with ‘maximum the hormone’

No comments:

Post a Comment