Tuesday 12 March 2013

NHK Soundcreator’s File Part 1: The ‘unbelivable’ Yakiniku incident- Taka


*Note: Credit to egsani for the clip and here’s the link for those who wants to hear it :D
Taka: Good evening! I am one ok rock’s vocalist, Taka
Toru: guitar’s toru
Ryota: bass’s ryota
Tomoya: Drummer’s tomoya!
Ta: ok soundcreator’s file, this programme allows us to talk more about the different music, and how the sounds came about. [Not entirely accurate because, I just summarized what he said about what the program is about]
This month of march, we one ok rock are in charge of Soundcreator file. Well this is our 2nd time on our show and on our last show we talked for the whole of 2hours.
Toru: yeah we talked a lot
Taka: well since the last broadcast (of soundcreators file), we got a lot of mail and a lot of response.
Toru: thank you very much!
Taka: yes thank you and ryota is yawning away now..
Toru: Oi! What are you doing! Do this seriously!
Ryota: its getting too serious…
Taka&toru: so its getting too serious and you yawned…
Taka: well for today, we would like to talk with this ‘light-hearted’ spirit… well the last broadcast we kind of talked in a rush and got a bit tired at the end. So today, we would like to go on our own pace to finish the show.  Please take care of us.
Taka: well,if you say  for the lastest one ok rock , the album was finally released. Well for the last broadcast, the album was not released yet. So today, we would also like to talk about the contents of the album/song. So for 2hours until 11pm, though its kinda late, do tune in to us. Well the next song is also from our album, its ‘the beginning’.
[The beginning]
Taka: that was one ok rock with the beginning; this month’s soundcreator’s file is hosted one ok rock.  Well through the last broadcast, we talked about the production of the album and how the band started (what our life was like before we got into the band)  in two parts. Well at that time, as I’ve said before, I was very free and so there wasnt much of a history.
Toru: yeah you didn’t have anything right
Taka: so today, here I am going to talk of what the vocal was doing and how the recording was done.
Tomoya: that’s what everyone is curious about right?
Taka: for me overall, im always the last to record.
Tomoya: well first is the drums, then the bass, the guitar.
Taka: then we measure out the balance then do the recordings for the vocals.  But for this recording, the schedule was quite tight. So there were some (songs) where I recorded a few songs in one shot. Knowing the schedule will be like this, for this recording, I wrote the lyrics earlier and  tried matching the lyrics to the music. Sometimes the members would come over and play as well.  How like after one member was done recording we would head out and eat and so on. However one day, after I finished recording I thought, this was our last recording for the year.  After the vocals everything will be wrapped up.
Toru: recordings for last year right.
Taka: yeah last year. I wanted to have a proper/powerful ending. And so I thought  “what would make it a proper/powerful ending.  During this tight schedule, for the staff that worked hard with us.  The directors and engineers along with ito-chan and arai-chan.” To them I wanted to do something that says “thanks for holding on until here with us”. So to end off the year, I promised them to go eat ‘yakiniku’.  And so ‘today’ I finished and I was like “ahh thank you for your hard work”. Then, right at that timing, the members that rarely came (for my recording) slowly gathered to the place. First it was ryota.
Ryota: I reached 1 hour before (taka’s recording) ended. As I felt oh, its going to wrap up today so I also contacted tomo-kun and was telling him about eating yakiniku.
Taka: yes yes
Ryota: then he was like “oh you wanna go?” then we went.
Tomoya: but then I went just before the recording ended
Taka: the problem wasn’t of when you came
Tomoya: but it was when you were recording.
Taka: ok ok, so during my recording, we were talking about how “after the recording we’re going to eat yakiniku”, because ryota came but how he told tomoya, I had a bad feeling about it. It was me who wanted to eat yakiniku and because everyone has gathered for me, I said that that I will treat everyone and that was my promise to the staff. [Here toru was like: wah your so cool]
I get ryota because he came without knowing anything and came to the studio because it was my last recording.  But this person, being sensitive to the phrase “yakiniku”, or maybe the fact that (the person’s) house was near the place. The tomoya who was actually sleeping immediately woke up and came to the recording just to eat yakiniku. Well this was basically obvious.
Tomoya: where’s the bad (bad feeling/ill-intention) part of this?
Taka: well its bad isnt it!
Tomoya: well celebrating it together would be great wont it?! Try and accept my feelings.
Taka: I accept your feelings but yakiniku isnt cheap you know.  Because the more people the more costly it gets. Of course to me I was like “why would you come when I said ‘yakiniku’”
Tomoya: ok I get it I get it, but Toru…he came just for the yakiniku
[Studio laughs]
Taka: this is the mysterious part. Ok so the two came and we were all “lets go eat yakiniku”. That I understand. But then here, our manager (his name is ho-wai-lim), he was like ‘im here’ [everyone starts saying that] well that’s what he always say. Our manager here did some ‘extra’ thing.  He purposely went to tell toru that we were going to eat yakiniku and asked him if he wanted to eat.
[studio bursts into laughter]
Ryota: I didn’t call him but I heard him(the manager) calling to ask
Taka: I want to know why you did that
Toru: everyone is going but do you want to go? So since everyone was going, so I was like I should go.
Taka: never did I think everyone would gather just by the word “yakiniku”
Tomoya: ya toru
Toru: but during the recording I did call tomoya and ryota and asked them why they didn’t call me
Ryota: ya there was a reason somewhere. Well first things first I thought toru would never come. But for tomo-kun if I forced him he might or might not come. For me, I didn’t have anything to do when mori-chan was recording.
Tomoya: yea cuz (normally) it would be the opposite position and taka would be waiting while you recorded.
Ryota: yea,  so I had a feeling to play. If I called toru just for that, he would not come because its troublesome. so I called tomo-kun and…
Toru: he came late.
Ryota: yeah he came late.
Toru: and eventually everyone gathered.
Taka: it was a shock that one..the promise that first started with 3 to 4 people became to 8 to 9 people.
Ryota: there weren’t enough seats right
Taka : yeah. But we all had fun that day, with a good meaning it became like a year-end party. That was good itself but… 

No comments:

Post a Comment