Wednesday 13 March 2013

NHK Soundcheck part 10: how their ‘engine’ derived from.


*Note: Credit to egsani for the clip and here’s the link for those who wants to hear it :D If you want to download it, just press ‘下戴
Taka: Well at this point. Should we talk about what we do before our live..
Our engine.
Ryota: ahh that engine..
Taka: what are you guys saying?, just now I saw a lot of that question in the mail. Well as to what it says, well, this engine stuck on to us from quite a while back.
Tomoya: tell me from the very start. I only knew about it afterwards like “oh your supposed to do this”
Ryota: the start of it? Well, I guess it started from toru. At that time, toru’s tension  was always super high so everytime time we met he was like “cheeeee”
[everyone laughs]
Ryota: he kept saying that! Things like “cheeeese” and I think it was from there I guess.
Toru: I really don’t remember though
Ryota: then from there it became “che- yiiiii”
Taka: ahh so its like that
Ryota: then from that it became “che—hiiii!!” (hii being said in a high tone)
Tomoya: ahh so it came from the way toru greeted others.
Ryota: yeah I think that it was derived like that.
Toru: oh yeah that was when I was in high school right and it just followed up into the band.
Taka: well now you hear about it, its kind funny isnt it?
Ryota: yeah if you listen to it now its kinda funny.
Taka: there aren’t such people who does that now right.
Toru: and this also happened everytime
Taka: it’s a bit embarrassing isnt it?
Ryota: yayaya!!
Taka: it’s a bit embarrassing.
Toru: its getting embarrassing.
Ryota: everyone’s saying it with the back of their throat.
Toru: yeah
Ryota: like che – hiiiii!
Taka: but that as a vocal, if it came out nicely, I feel that “oh today’s a good day”
Ryota: ahh I see, so that’s how you know eh.
Taka: like “oh! I got this today!”
Toru: so it’s also a good engine
Taka: should we try a little now?
Ryota: lets try it out now
Taka: just as how we always do it before our live.
Tomoya: just as we do at our lives.
Taka: well firstly I would start talking.
Tomoya: always, takahiro would first give us the heads up.
Taka: okay everyone! Take our your hands!
[everyone: yesh ah!]
Taka: listen up, we only have one day today. This day is a day we cant feel sad about. We need to perform well for the audience that came for us today, there will be first timers and those who aren’t and that dosent matter at all! our goal is to let everyone who came here to watch us today to have fun! But before even doing that if we don’t enjoy it ourselves we cant make it happen! Are you guys ready! Louder now!! Lets go!!
[everyone: “OHHHHH CHEEEE – HIIIIII!! OIIII!”]
Taka: ahh that was dull. So that’s how it goes…that was….LAME!
[everyone starts saying how lame/dull or like ‘old’ it is]
Toru: we just did it like that didn’t we, like for real before our live.
Taka: I actually have an engine I like personally. Its b’z engine. I think its really cool
Toru & ryota: how does it go?
Taka: I watched it on some DVD and it went like “nama-icho-yorokonde” , well a live is fresh right then you know how they say in bars like “come enjoy yourself”. I think they got the idea from that but, “nama-icho-yorokonde” isnt that cool?
Ryota: yeah its cool
Taka: so I thought yeah it was quite cool.
Ryota & toru: lets steal it
Taka: eh why would you!?
Tomoya:  yeah for a moment I thought so too
Taka: then we’ll become the same as b’z!
Toru: “NAMA-ICHO! [EVERYONE: YOROKONDE!!!]”, ahh the response is good
Taka: wait hold on you guys, you guys feel more refreshed by this. What does this mean you guys. Jeez!
Toru: but this one is too refreshing..for us..
Taka: so you need to say it in a more “old” way.
Toru: yeah for us its like “che – hi” that suits us more. Like we’re missing something. That’s good
Taka: Its not that I don’t like it though it’s a bit dull.
Ryota: yeah
Tomoya& toru: its already stuck into your body.
Taka: on the contrary if you changed the (engine), I think the we wont make it in our ‘live’
Ryota: yeah I understand that feeling as well
Taka: especially when we came until here.so this is how its like. This is what we always do before our live. Eh for engines, as you can see its not about copying others. If there are listeners out there whom are in a band, best is if you think of an original engine for yourselves. But then again we’re just saying how one ok rock does it this way. Please don’t take it the wrong way. So lets introduce the next song. Tomoya?
Tomoya: well please listen. This song is also from our new album, its called Smiling down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment